We all having a knap?

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
broady_6

We all having a knap?

Post by broady_6 » 18th May 2018 - 7:55am

Its been quite on here lately. Are we all tired from a hard winters graft? Or taking the chance to enjoy what little sun we get? Ive been plodding on with my old banger slowly. Ill post a small update this weekend but its mostly cleaning up,masking off, making shopping lists and making decisions on fabrics Nothing exciting
The sultan of swing

purplepeter

Re: We all having a knap?

Post by purplepeter » 18th May 2018 - 8:04am

I'm off to Beaulieu Autojumble for the weekend, other than that, I have a completely new engine
Have now also got prices for models etc & I'll deal with that next week
And as spring has sprung, I've been busy in the garden too!

937carrera

Post by 937carrera » 18th May 2018 - 1:43pm

Yeah, it's been quiet, Chino sold his car :)

| keep dropping in, but not much to say as the activity seems to be specific type 3 questions / rebuilds. The 412LS is sat waiting for me to give her a look over before some Summer runs out. Everyone must have a reliable type 3 and 4 these days :lol:
David
1974 412LS Variant
1973 412LE 4 door Fastback / Saloon

Kai

Post by Kai » 18th May 2018 - 1:49pm

I’m now on my way back from Minorca. Weeks break.

Other than that I’ve done 1/3rd of my annual mileage since December. Just keeps on plodding along now.

sparkywig

Post by sparkywig » 18th May 2018 - 8:17pm

Been away in the bus a couple of times.
Everything's come to a halt on the squareback while I'm waiting for the case to be machined and all the rotating parts balanced.
Funnily enough I'm dropping the engine tomorrow and swapping it for one that's been in the garage for a while. It can't be worse than the one that's in there, can it? :lol:

kaddy

Post by kaddy » 19th May 2018 - 8:45am

I,ve spent the last 2 weeks sleeping upright in a chair, due to a slipped disc in my back.

All thanks to sloppy lifting techniques when I had a superman moment with a ride on lawnmower,
I went lifting something , then took a backward step still carrying the weight. :shock:

But I visit the fasty everyday :nod: And yesterday had a good clean up in the garage, ready
for my return.

Any day now ;)

broady_6

Post by broady_6 » 20th May 2018 - 9:20pm

purplepeter wrote:
18th May 2018 - 8:04am
I'm off to Beaulieu Autojumble for the weekend, other than that, I have a completely new engine
Have now also got prices for models etc & I'll deal with that next week
And as spring has sprung, I've been busy in the garden too!
Great news, I made a start on my garden too this week as well. It might just be easier to cultivate weeds this year.
937carrera wrote:
18th May 2018 - 1:43pm

| keep dropping in, but not much to say as the activity seems to be specific type 3 questions / rebuilds. The 412LS is sat waiting for me to give her a look over before some Summer runs out. Everyone must have a reliable type 3 and 4 these days :lol:
Haha mine is deffinately reliable. Reliably in bits.
Kai wrote:
18th May 2018 - 1:49pm
I’m now on my way back from Minorca. Weeks break.

Other than that I’ve done 1/3rd of my annual mileage since December. Just keeps on plodding along now.
I could do with a jolly holly, but no time of that till august. No more mods planned for yours?
sparkywig wrote:
18th May 2018 - 8:17pm
Been away in the bus a couple of times.
Everything's come to a halt on the squareback while I'm waiting for the case to be machined and all the rotating parts balanced.
Funnily enough I'm dropping the engine tomorrow and swapping it for one that's been in the garage for a while. It can't be worse than the one that's in there, can it? :lol:
As long as it spins over and holds it oil then its a winner! Be good to see it back on the road.
kaddy wrote:
19th May 2018 - 8:45am

Sounds very nasty, ive damaged a couple of discs, but never slipped one. At least you're recovering, these things cant be rushed.
I,ve spent the last 2 weeks sleeping upright in a chair, due to a slipped disc in my back.

All thanks to sloppy lifting techniques when I had a superman moment with a ride on lawnmower,
I went lifting something , then took a backward step still carrying the weight. :shock:

But I visit the fasty everyday :nod: And yesterday had a good clean up in the garage, ready
for my return.

Any day now ;)
The sultan of swing

Chino

Post by Chino » 21st May 2018 - 10:42am

937carrera wrote:
18th May 2018 - 1:43pm

Haha! I'm still floating around in the background...I've mainly been sorting my T25 out (now pretty much fully serviced, polybushed, rocking Bilstein suspension, just refurbed the carb and getting a solar charge kit this week), ahead of my trip to Goodwood Festival of Speed, then 2 weeks driving/camping around Germany/Austria/Slovenia:

And organising a house move. I'm moving to a place with a nice big garage that I think a Square or a Notch would fit just lovely in...watch this space....albeit probably not for another year or so :(

937carrera

Post by 937carrera » 21st May 2018 - 11:45am

You need one with roof height to get the T25 in as well !

Everything below the roof rusts :)
David
1974 412LS Variant

Chino

Post by Chino » 21st May 2018 - 11:52am

937carrera wrote:
21st May 2018 - 11:45am
You need one with roof height to get the T25 in as well !

Everything below the roof rusts :)
Yeah, I'm hoping I've headed it off at the pass with this one, it's pretty solid and I feel I should have shares in Dinitrol with the amount I've blasted into any cavity I can get the probe into (oo-er)! :) I've been watching your progress on Club 80-90 on the body on your aircooled one, you are a braver man than I!

937carrera

Post by 937carrera » 21st May 2018 - 11:54am

Chino wrote:
21st May 2018 - 10:42am
then 2 weeks driving/camping around Germany/Austria/Slovenia:
Can I recommend Baden Baden.

There's a camp site there on the banks of the Rhine, barges going up & down, train lines both sides of the river and the main road to watch all the cars going by. It was paradise for me in 1969, still keen on it. I did go back there on a day trip in around 2002, loved it again. Oh and the mountains / vineyards were quite special too. :thumbsup:

Salzburg is beautiful, Vienna my favourite city. Enjoy the spätzle
David
1974 412LS Variant

Chino

Post by Chino » 21st May 2018 - 11:57am

937carrera wrote:
21st May 2018 - 11:54am
Chino wrote:
21st May 2018 - 10:42am
then 2 weeks driving/camping around Germany/Austria/Slovenia:
Can I recommend Baden Baden.

There's a camp site there on the banks of the Rhine, barges going up & down, train lines both sides of the river and the main road to watch all the cars going by. It was paradise for me in 1969, still keen on it. I did go back there on a day trip in around 2002, loved it again. Oh and the mountains / vineyards were quite special too. :thumbsup:

Salzburg is beautiful, Vienna my favourite city. Enjoy the spätzle
I shall add it to the 'to-do' list, I'm actually headed to the pub tonight with the other half to finalise the list and book campsites. Salzburg is definitely on the list, and I've got 5 nights in Tolmin, as I'm going to a crazy punk-rock festival there.

937carrera

Post by 937carrera » 21st May 2018 - 12:09pm

Oh well, as you're "in the area" swing back via Venice and Trento/Trentino up to Innsbruck via the Brenner Pass. German speaking part of Italy. There are a couple of decent car factories in Stuttgart too :)
David
1974 412LS Variant