Garage recommendations please

Questions and general discussion on all things Type 3 & 4
redfastback

Garage recommendations please

Post by redfastback » 6th June 2021 - 11:14am

Hello. It's quite a while since I posted, and then not frequently, and always tended to be a reader rather than poster, but I need some help please.

Is it ok to ask for recommendations for UK classic car or VW garages that have worked on your type 3 please?

I'm UK in Dorset but don't mind transporting my fastback a bit for the right garage.
I've done alot of the welding (on and off as over the last few years) myself but I'm now thinking to go to a garage for the final 'big' job.
To remove the body and replace a complete heater channel/sill (I have the panel) and some pan edges plus a few other odd welding bits and then refit body to pan so I can begin refit and rebuild.
At the moment it's completely stripped but rolling.

Many thanks for your time and any recommendations from club members or replies from garages reading this.

broady_6

Re: Garage recommendations please

Post by broady_6 » 7th June 2021 - 2:33pm

It is of course ok to ask. It sounds like you are looking for a bodyshop/ Resto shop rather than a garage. Im up in lincolnshire and use a couple around here. But it is rather impractical for you.
The sultan of swing

DevonNotch

Re: Garage recommendations please

Post by DevonNotch » 22nd June 2021 - 10:08pm

I’ve used Nathan @ NB Restorations in Dunkeswell East Devon, he’s happy working on Type 3’s and had a Fastback at some point. Not sure if that is too far from you?
1972 VW Notchback
1978 VW Beetle Last Edition no. 164
1979 VW Bay Window Westfalia campervan