Twin Carbs.

Come here to ask for technical help and advice
kaddy

Twin Carbs.

Post by kaddy » 13th November 2021 - 8:30pm

Just wanted to know whats the best carb setup you guys are using for a 1641cc engine.
I am currently running a pair of stock carbs that are running very well. But I was just curious if anyone else is running an alternative setup
that they find good.

Thanks

jmarkha1

Re: Twin Carbs.

Post by jmarkha1 » 14th November 2021 - 10:16am

If the carbs are running well I wouldn't change them - other than maybe check jetting.
Always tempting to replace with bigger but not always better.
A friend had a 1776 bug and ran a pair of dellorto drla 36s with small venturies and jets and it ran really good but I think unless radical, the 1641 probably doesn't need a lot more fuel tbh.
The variant Project

kaddy

Post by kaddy » 14th November 2021 - 2:14pm

Thanks,

I was thinking of getting my own rebuilt as well, and maybe buy a new set of carbs to run in the meantime.
I dont want my car off the road for months while the existing are rebuilt, thats why I want an off the shelf alternative too.

When i get my own back, I will switch the new alternatives onto my squareback. Job done

jmarkha1

Post by jmarkha1 » 14th November 2021 - 3:03pm

sounds like a good plan - I would find another set of stock carbs - have them rebuilt and fit them when done - then either have the other set rebuilt or sell them on.
easier said than done though...
The variant Project

kaddy

Post by kaddy » 14th November 2021 - 4:07pm

I have another set on the 67 squareback. But I am trying to source a suitable rebuilder at the moment. So it might be quicker for me to find a new dual carb supplier fro a new set. Then I am under no pressure to get the rebuilt set fast, I can wait.